Thursday, December 31, 2015

Closing off 2015 without you.

It feels so different tonight- actually coming home to nothing. Nobody was at home when I went home, there was no excitement no anticipation towards the new year. It felt lonely and cold without your presence. I would have been fine with you nagging and asking why I have yet to eat and then you saying how time has passed so quickly. At least you were home last year to start the new year with me. But as they always said home is where the heart is and I know you'll always be there for me like a shelter, like a protective shield somewhere out there, I've learnt to let go. Once again not fully not thoroughly but slowly. 
I have no idea how many thousand times I've said this in my head but I miss you. I miss you for as long as I can say I miss you. 

Happy New year Grandmother, 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment